Processing Techniques Seminar (PTS)
Plant Managers, Design Engineers, Owners, Research & Development Engineers, Foremen, and front-line personnel who handle specific, complex challenges associated with urethane production.
This two-day hands-on training opportunity for polyurethane industry professionals is designed to provide an interactive learning atmosphere where attendees can meet with industry experts in a casual, yet informative setting.
Each day is designed specifically for the basic or advanced polyurethane professional. Attendance for both days should be considered based on the attendee’s experience level.
At the same location as and immediately preceeding the 2022 Annual Meeting & Supplier Showcase:
AT&T Hotel and Conference Center The University of Texas at Austin; 1900 University Ave; Austin, TX 78705
Basic Sessions: Saturday, April 23, 2022 • 8:00 am – 5:30 pm (Includes breakfast and lunch)
Advanced Sessions: Sunday, April 24, 2022 • 8:00 am – 12:00 pm (Includes breakfast only)
The PTS is FREE to PMA members!!
- The PMA offers the PTS FREE to two attendees from a member’s company who register in advance.
- PMA member: 1st and 2nd attendee FREE
- PMA member: 3rd or more only $199 each
- Non-members: $649 before March 19th / $699 before April 19th / $749 after April 19th
There is not a discounted fee to attend only one day of the PTS. Advanced registration is required for all PTS attendees. Onsite registration subject to availability and meal fees.
- Introduction to Polyurethane: Chemistry and Structure-Property Relationships by Kip Hillshafer, Stepan Company
- Working Safely with Diisocyanates & MBOCA by Robert Czeiszperger, Anderson Development Company
- Polyurethane Additives by Mike Lorenzo, Covestro
- Effects of Stoichiometry by Scott Archibald, COIM
- Best Manufacturing Practices for Making PU and Rubber to Substrate Bonded Products by Dennis Joseph, HB Fuller
- Common Urethane Design Considerations & Reading Engineering Drawings by Matt Sennett, Lanxess
- Basis of Hot-Cast Polyurethane by Andy Schuster, BASF
- Failed Parts by Scott Archibald, COIM
- Process Troubleshooting by Paul Waite, Era Polymers
- Machine Processing and Troubleshooting by John Swafford, Covestro
- Regulations in the Polyurethane Shop by Chris Goeloe, Anderson Development Company
- Material Characterization & Engineering Properties by Shaun Gosselin, Gallagher Corporation
- FEA for Urethane Elastomers by Dick Palinkas
- Choice of Polyurethane Elastomers for Demanding Applications by Ian Laskowitz, Lanxess
Schedule and topics subject to change